How to have AI RTO / vehicle radios turned on?

• 7 Replies
How to have AI RTO / vehicle radios turned on?
« on: April 25, 2018, 12:32:35 AM »
Hey,

Does anyone know how to make it so that vehicle and RTO radios are automatically on, without having to manually turn them on? I am really missing the radio chatter on in the background.

Barden

• Unsung PR Team
Re: How to have AI RTO / vehicle radios turned on?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 02:26:12 AM »
Not to my knowledge. It may be something that we would have to dev on our end if you were wanting to even be able to play the sound files.

TeTeT

• Unsung homepage
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 03:27:27 AM »
Hi,

I have opted against the auto on feature when re-implementing the radios.
If you want to add some radio sounds to your play environment please use the radio/speaker (active) objects from the properties.
If you need to have a radio man in your squad playback the radio sound, it gets more involved and you need some scripting. If you cannot figure it out, let me know and I try to script something.

Barden

• Unsung PR Team
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 09:36:05 AM »
Cheers for replying TeTeT :)
Good luck with scripting it and further contacting TeTeT if you need helping doing so, I suggest you probably do this over discord although I can't answer TeTeT for this.
Here's our UNSUNG discord if you're not in it already and you can privately message TeTeT through his profile or post publicly to the discord itself by @'ing him.

TeTeT

• Unsung homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 09:00:35 PM »
Hi,

put these lines in the init box of an RTO, e.g. one with a radio item:

Code: [Select]
this assignItem "UNS_ItemRadio_PRC_25";[this, "West", 0] call uns_radio2_fnc_staticInit;

The code [this, "West", 0] makes the soldier use the ground combat radio, [this, "West", 1] is for air combat, [this, "West", 2] for AFVN. East likewise for NVA.

Cheers,
TeTeT

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 04:34:08 PM »
Outstanding, thank you!

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 03:59:24 AM »
One thing I've noticed using the code. If you then manually turn on the RTOs radio you end up with a double feed of radio traffic. odd.

TeTeT

• Unsung homepage
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 11:07:08 PM »
Yes, that's the drawback of initializing them as static radios. When you manually enable them later, a 'dynamic' radio with changeable channels and all that will be spawned on top.