Aircraft Bugs/Problems

• 17 Replies
Aircraft Bugs/Problems
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:24:46 AM »
I spent a fair bit of time trying to find bugs/etc that make the aircraft in their current condition either not-flyable, not practical, unusable, or just broken, and here's an aircraft by aircraft breakdown of them all for the Bravo update.

USAF Aircraft

A-1J Skyraider
1)Cannons seem to fly in different directions and don't align with pipper in the cockpit, and all seem to aim high.
2)Pilot sits a hair too far forward
3)Leaving the aircraft can put you directly underneath the left wing
4)USAF skyraiders were designated A-1H, and while it was exactly same as the Navy's A-1J (example image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/22/A-1J_Skyraider_VA-176_Vietnam_1966.jpg/769px-A-1J_Skyraider_VA-176_Vietnam_1966.jpg) they went down historically as almost two completely different aircraft; The USAF A-1H being used for the infamous "Sandy" missions and CSAR, while the Navy's A-1J was used under different callsigns and varied missions.

A-7D Corsair 2

1) The A-7 corsair had a turbofan engine, and thus no afterburner

AC-47

1)Couldn't get it off the ground at all, even though the weapons system works beautifully.

F-100 Super Sabre

1)Pilot sits too high in the seat, so where the the point where the guns fire, is in the center and top angled part of the gunsight.

F-105D&F

1) The Thunderchief (THUD) is currently unflyable, every time I tried to take off it powered to full but never rolled, and trying to "pop it out of the runway", by pulling back on my joystick, the THUD left the ground, flew 2 meters vertically and landed on its left wing 9/10 times.
2) Pilot sits too high left to see through front glass panel or the pipper.

F-111 Aardvark

1) If aardvark is damaged while the flaps are down the left flap then seems to detatch from the air frame and float 1-2 meters above the left wing
2)Pilot sits about .5 meters too high in the cockpit to see/land properly.
3)CAP loadout doesn't make sense, as the nonprototype/combat versions that flew in Vietnam were all bombers/attackers.

US Naval Aircraft

A-4C Skyhawk

1) Pilot sits too high and left in cockpit to even see out the front window.
2) Current Cannon points sit somewhere below the center of the fuselage, and cause aircraft explosion if you fire them while on the ground (it's quite amusing)
3)CAP loadout is unnecessary, as the A-4 was one of many aircraft designed to replace the aging Skyraider and would have never seen dedicated air-to-air combat air patrol.

A-4E

1) All the same problems as the C-model Skyhawk

A-6 Intruder

1) Sound level is WAYYYYYYYYYY too high, internally and externally, its deafening and caused me at least two migraines.
2) Pilot seem slightly too high to see fully through the front glass even though the aircraft was known for its visibility.

A-7C Corsair 2

1)All comments from the A-7D model apply, as they're effectively the same aircraft with different liveries.

C-1A Trader

1)Pilot sits way too low in the aircraft, and can't see over the console in first person view even in level flight, making it impossible to land on the Nimitz, let-alone a regular airfield.
2)Missing "Tailhook down" option, yet aircraft model retains a tailhook

E-2A Hawkeye

1) Radar range seems a bit small for even an AWACS of the era (tweak it in settings?)
2) Flight model is silly to the point where its outperforming fighters in maneuverability (I know FMs are more for future updates, but it had to be mentioned as its just too ridiculous in its current state.)
3) Radar dish only appears for the first time after you turn the radar on. Not sure if this can be fixed.

Re: Aircraft Bugs/Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 03:33:39 AM »
Oh, something I forgot to mention because I knew it was WIP, was a lot of the weapon sounds, inside and outside of the aircraft. Most of them, if not all were missing weapon sounds in the release I got.

Barden

• Unsung PR Team
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 03:49:11 AM »
Sorry for the long wait to a reply! :P

This information has probably already been seen people who need to see it like Eggbeast and the lads and I'm sure they'll get back to you, but I think they are rushing to get bravo good and done for Easter and make changes, however I cannot speak for them and I'm sure one will reply here as well shortly! Thank you for your patience and keep up the good work with finding all this stuff! :D

- Barden

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 06:48:50 AM »
Nah, that's fine, but a lot of the stuff that I posted, really just kinda breaks the game on the fixed wing side (my speciality in terms of Arma playtime), and with just a bit of tweaking, it can be GREAT, but atm, as I mentioned, I can't even fly two of the aircraft, and a lot of them are non-combat functional. I know they're looking for an Easter release, but if they can't publish all of those aircraft, ya know, work on a couple for both USAF, and USN (Say for Example A-1H & J skyraiders, and maybe the Skyhawk/Corsair) just enough for people to have variety in what they fly, and can be based around the mission parameters. Obviously without an F-4 the job of CAP is missing, but most of the ground attack aircraft have cannon of some sort, and can fill the gap against enemy helos and etc for the time being.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:57:44 AM by Ferris[12thUSCF] »

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 01:03:49 AM »
a good task list for us to work through thanks man - will help us to not forget stuff.
i've seen a lot of this myself, but until i finish the vehicle/aircraft weapons configs im not even touching the planes.
they are all awaiting attention before release.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 08:32:00 AM »
Fair enough man, oh, one more thing, the A-4 also wouldn't have an afterburner, info courtesy of Gunfighter xD. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 06:23:54 PM »
ive just updated a lot of the cannons - the A4, F100, A1 and AC47, so they should all work properly now, though we cant finish the actual sighting of them until the pilot proxies are finished.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 01:55:43 AM »
Awesome, keep up the good work man, if you want me to help retest them, feel free to add me on steam@ Farquharson[12thUSCF]. And "Pilot Proxies", is that how the pilot sits inside the cockpit?

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 12:25:53 PM »
just pushed a lot of aircraft fixes to the pws repo

Duk3

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 06:30:57 PM »

Confirmed:
Spooky is working. Zeroing seems true. Camera location just like A2 version 2.6. Flies well.
Fixed zeroing on Skyraider. cannons and gattling.

Check it out, and great reporting guys!

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 06:11:24 PM »
With the recent PWS Repo I've noticed a lot of boresighting problems; AKA guns/weapon systems being lined up with with the internal HUD/Reticle.

Examples: A-4C/E, A-7C/D, F100, F-105D/F

It seems to be a complicated problem of where the weapon points, how the pilot sits, and where the reticle/pipper is located inside the aircraft. I'm sure y'all can figure out something!

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 09:32:58 PM »
Update: Skyraider's cannons shoot right of center on the aircraft. Aiming right on both sides rather than straight on, or slightly zeroed into the center.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 08:02:56 PM »
yeah it's a trade off getting the pilot to be not sticking out of the aircraft floor etc, and being able to see over the cockpit rim, while also having the guns able to hit things at reasonable distance, so we can't just turn them in a bit to aim dead centre at say 200m.  i haven't gotten my head around how best to approach this yet. it does also frustrate me.

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 06:23:02 PM »
So, I think from a "backwards working problem" to get it centered. 1) get the pilot alligned and in the cockpit so they can see out of the reticle so it can be used in a first person use (which I think most Tactical, Milsim, and etc use), and then Once that's been centered 2) Allign the main armaments to that reticle. So for example, the A7's pilot is placed in it's appropriate spot in the cockpit, however, because the cannon is facing straight ahead, and if it's firing arc was adjusted upwards and right to allign with the reticle as it come across the pilot's view, and it has a better chance to be aimed by maneuvering rather than guess work because you can't fully predict the arc of the cannon in its current spot. The same applies for the f105. The A-4C/E the pilot needs to be alligned so he can see through the reticle, because while the cannons, and ordinance are oriented properly, aiming them through the cockpit glass is impractical. The f100's pilot needs to be lowered so you're aming through the center mark of the reticle as opposed to the very top edge of the reticle as we are right now.

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 04:30:42 PM »
many of these are now fixed.
Not updated to PWS yet though.
I have also fixed:
- exhaust fx,
- gun fx (smoke and shell drop)
- collision lights,
- taxi lights,
- for turbofan planes I changed afterburner to turbocharger (lol - needed for carrier take-off if the catapult fails)
- pilot position
- gun tracers
- random decals and numbering
- FFV for O2
- rear turret on A3b
- useractions
- animations
- weapon loadouts

just a few more planes to do, then i'll upload it all for pre-release testing